Allergy is a common disease. The symptoms are experienced by many people. It is a word used to describe an adverse (bad) reaction that the body has to a particular substance in the environment. Allergies, if left untreated leads to many complications.
Most substances that cause allergies are not harmful and have no effect on people who are not allergic. It develops when the body’s immune system reacts to an allergen as though it is a threat, like an infection. It produces antibodies to fight off the allergen. Common allergic disorders include asthma, eczema and hay fever.
There are some common Allergens (that cause Allergy). Knowing the Allergens is helpful in limiting the disease self. Try to avoid Allergens and you are done.
- House dust mites
- Occupational allergens
Symptoms and signs
- Itching in
Eye, Ear, Lips, Throat, Palate
- Nettle rash/Hives
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus Pain
- Quantitation of total plasma IgE
- Tests for specific IgEs recognise a wide range of allergens
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
- Allergic fungal sinusitis
- Another allergy—Having one type of allergy increases the chances
of being allergic to something else
- Asthma – In many cases, asthma is triggered by exposure to an
allergen in the environment (allergy-induced asthma).
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Infection of lungs
- Infections of the ears
- Identify and avoid the causative allergen
- Boost your immunity
- Wear a medical alert bracelet — If ever had a severe allergic reaction.
A medical alert bracelet (or necklace) lets others know that you have
a serious allergy in case you have a reaction and you’re unable to communicate.
1 thought on “Allergy-Symptoms, Causes and Complication”
I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my web site 🙂