How Yoga help to increase height ?
Human height generally depends on certain factors such as genetic and non-genetic factors, environmental factors and nutrition. It is commonly said that when child is in its growing stage, he/she must follow a proper and balanced diet, must take adequate sleep and go for exercises and physical activities for his or her proper growth and development.
So if you want to become tall, it is better to begin from an early age.
Yoga helps a lot to grow height :
It is perfect in maintaining the correct posture. Our spinal cord is very flexible. When you align your spine in a right way and maintain a good posture, the spinal structure will be decompressed and will make to appear taller. Yoga is best for increasing the height. If one is doing yoga on daily basis, he or she will definitely improve the posture and flexibility of his/her body and will look taller.
Best Yoga Asanas For Increasing Height :
Sun Salutation’ or ‘Surya Namaskara’
This yoga pose has been practiced since ancient times for a number of reasons ; increasing height being the most common. This is basically a series of 12 different ‘asanas’ or postures, which need to be performed at least twice a day – at the sunrise and in the evening – in the following sequence:
Pranamasana – Hastauttanasana – Padahastasana – Ashwa Sanchalanasana – Parvatasana – Ashtanga Namaskar – Bhujangasana – Parvatasana – Ashwa Sanchalanasana – Padahastasana – Hastauttanasana – Pranamasana.
How To Do Sun Salutation or ‘Surya Namaskara’ Asana :
• Stand erect with the face towards the sun. Your both feet shall touch each other.
• Bring your both hands near the ears and do the Namaskar, i.e. Touch a palm with the other one, little finger to the little finger and index finger to the index finger.
• Now inhale and then raise your arms upwards.
• After that bend backward and stretch your arms in a position where it is above your head.
• Now bend forward and exhale slowly. Then try to touch the ground by putting yourself in such a position that your hands are in parallel with the feet, and your head is touching the knees.
• Now inhale and then slowly move back your right leg without any jerk.
• Position your feet and hands in such a manner that only your toes touch the ground. After that, raise your hands slowly as much you can.
• Now bring your head back to the normal position.
• Push your left leg backward making it in line with the right leg. Ensure only your toes are touching the ground. Exhale when you are doing this step.
• Raise your hips and then align your head with the arms to form an arch. Keep your arm straight during the movement. Now slowly push yourself up.
• Exhale and then lower your body to the ground. Your knees, feet, chest, forehead, and palms all shall touch the ground.
• Now, inhale again and raise your head backward as much as possible.
• Resting on your palms and feet push yourself up as much as you can.
• Inhale and then bend your left leg at your knee slowly. Now bring your feet together and then lift the legs upwards.
• Exhale slowly and keeping your hands on the floor, bring your feet together. Make sure your feet are aligned with the hands. Now, if possible, then touch your head to your knees.
• Raise your arms upwards. Inhale while doing so. Then again bend backward slowly, stretching the arms above your head.
• Then gradually come back into the normal posture.
2. Tadasana (The Mountain Pose)
The exercise involves stretching all the body muscles from head to toe. It facilitates the production of the growth hormone.
This asana is extremely simple and beneficial, keeps your body supple and strengthens your spine and arms.
How to do Tadasana (The mountain pose) :
- Stand straight and keep your feet together.
- Clasp your both the hands with your fingers.
- Now inhale deeply while stretching your spine and hands above the head and try to lift your heel and balance yourself on your toes and stretch your whole body as much as you can do.
- Now exhale while you return to your original position.
- Do this steps 20-25 times daily to increase your height and make your body more flexible.
3. Ardha Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) :
As the name suggest Ardha Chakra, in this asana your body take the position of half wheel with your both hands and feet touch the ground. This asana makes your body more elastic and more flexible. Thus, it helps in increasing your height at any age.
How to do this asan:
In this posture, the body is bent forward or backward. Stand straight with both feet touch together.
Keep your both hands up and try to bend backward.
Bend as much you can do and feel the stretch.
This asana seems difficult in the beginning but as your body get more flexible and you are able to bend completely and touch your hands to ground to make Ardha Chakra or half Wheel pose.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
The Cobra pose resembles a serpent with its hood raised. This asana opens up shoulder and neck.
It stretch entire back shoulder and make upper and lower back more flexible.
It works on abs, upper back, and lower back muscles and helps in cutting back the bad fat around the stomach.
How to do Bhujanga asan :
Lie on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor.
Keep your legs close and feet to touch each other on the floor and your hands below your shoulder.
Inhale and put pressure on the floor by your hands and slowly lift your head, chest, neck and abdomen up.
Caution: Put equal pressure on your both the hands while lifting your head.
Make sure your belly button is tucked in, abs are tight and shoulders are rolled back. Bend the neck backward to work around the neck muscles.
Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Exhale out slowly while bringing your head, chest and shoulder back on the floor.
5. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
Trikonasana helps in body balance, gaining height and also reducing stress.
Trikonasana strengthens the muscles in our legs, arms and chest. It also benefits our joints like knees and ankles.
The asana opens the hip; stretches hamstrings, calf muscles and opens up the chest. It helps in the realignment of the spine and improves the equilibrium of our body
How to do Trikonasana
Stand straight with your feet wide apart by approx three and half feet (3.5 feet).
Turn to your side, preferably right side. Now you have the left foot pointing straight and your right foot pointing to the right side.
Inhale and bend your body to the right side with your right hand touching your right foot.
Keep your arms in a straight line. So that when you bend, your one arm is touching your right foot and your left arm is stretched straight into the air.
Make sure you are not bent forward or backward. Stretch as much as you can. Open up your chest. Be sure to have your feet firmly pressed into the ground.
Keep your eyes open and look into the sky.
Now straighten and then bring your arms down.