Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease( large intestine, or colon). Inflammation impairs the ability of the colon to hold its contents, resulting in frequent elimination.
People with ulcerative colitis have a close relative with the condition.
The condition is much more common in urban areas in northern parts of Western Europe and America.
- Air pollution
- Diet high in carbohydrates and fats
- Children are being brought up in increasingly germ-free environments, but it is possible that the immune system requires exposure to germs to develop properly
Symptoms And Signs-
- Bloody stool(red, black or tarry)
- Eye pain and redness
- Inability to pass gas or stool
- Joint aches and pains
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth ulcers
- Nausea with/out vomiting
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Severe abdominal pain
- Skin rash or changes
- Unexplained weight loss
- Barium meal
- Colonoscopy with biopsy
- Barium enema
- Complete blood count
- C-reactive protein
- Ayurvedic Medicines
- Colorectal cancers
- Delayed growth and development in children
- Intestinal infections
- Kidney stones
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Toxic megacolon
- Eat small five or six smaller meals a day
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid high-fiber foods (bran, beans, nuts, seeds, and popcorn).
- Avoid fatty, greasy or fried foods and sauces (butter, margarine, and heavy cream).
- Limit milk products if you are lactose intolerant.
- Manage stress.