Premature ejaculation means ejaculation takes place before the man inserts his penis into the vagina, or one to two minutes afterwards or there is an inability to delay ejaculation in all, or almost all, episodes of penetrative sex. Sometimes totally unable to achieve ejaculation.
Ejaculation is where semen is squirted out of the penis during an orgasm (sexual climax). Early ejaculation is quite common, with an estimated 20-30% of men experiencing at least one episode during their lifetime.
There are numerous reasons for early ejaculation problem like
- Lifelong premature ejaculation is almost always the result of psychological factors.
- Early sexual experiences can influence future sexual behaviour. For example, if a teenager ejaculate quickly in order not to be caught masturbating, or having sex, it may later be difficult to break the habit.
- A traumatic experience at an early age, involving sex, can sometimes lead to life-long sexual anxiety and premature ejaculation. Experiences can range from being relatively mild, such as being caught masturbating, to the more serious, such as sexual abuse.
- Men who have had a strict upbringing, where sexual activity is only considered appropriate in certain circumstances, such as after marriage, may find it difficult to relax during sex, or be unable to not regard sex as being wrong or sinful.
- Over sensitivity of nerves & nerve system may be one of the reason
- Sexual performance anxiety (like in newly wed men)
- Excitement for sex (many times a major factor)
- Lack of nutritional food & exercise
- A rectal examination
- for an enlarged prostate gland
- to check the nerves of penis for any damage.
- Blood Tests (hormone, cholesterol levels)
- Urine examination
- Visual examination of the pelvic area (for injury or infection)
Treatment of Premature ejaculation
- Exercise daily for good health
- Masturbate an hour or two before having sex
- Use a thick condom to help decrease sensation
- Take a deep breath to briefly shut down the ejaculatory reflex (an automatic reflex of the body during which ejaculation occurs).
- Have sex with partner on top (to allow them to pull away when close to ejaculating)
- Take breaks during sex and think about something boring
- Breathe deeply right before discharge. Controlling the breath during sexual activity, slow down it. Breathing deeply slow down performance anxiety.
- Kegel exercise fortifies Pubo- coccyges muscles & help to control early ejaculation.
- Couples are encouraged to explore any issues that may be affecting their relationship, and are given advice about how to resolve them. There is an opportunity to discuss any emotional or psychological issues that are related to sexuality and relationship, in a non-judgmental way.
- Couples are shown techniques that can help the man to ‘unlearn’ the habit of premature ejaculation. Like, squeeze technique, stop-go technique
- Activities are recommended to try at home during sex like–
- viewing erotic material prior to having sex, such as videos and magazines, in order to increase the feeling of sexual stimulation
- erotic fantasies and ‘sex games’ in order to make lovemaking more exciting
- using lubricating creams, or jellies, to make the physical act of sex more comfortable and relaxing
- using sexual aids, such as vibrators, to increase pleasure.
- Seeds of green onions are perfect to decrease premature ejaculation. Crush the seeds and mix well in water. Take this medicinal water three times a day before meal. You can also consider using white onions and consuming onions can enhance your sexual stamina and control
- Aswagandha can increase the strength of the organs and increases the stamina and control in men. This can reduce the problem of premature ejaculation
- Ginger and Honey is another best remedy to avoid premature ejaculation in men. Ginger can help in increasing the blood flow to the penile area that helps in giving a great control to ejaculate. The best way to consume this is taking half a teaspoon of ginger and honey before bedtime..
- Another natural medicine is to consume garlic. Garlic can help in increasing the blood flow to the penis and it can also help in heating up your body. You can sort the garlic in low flame using cow’s ghee till it turns a golden brown color. Take this every day or you simply chew 3- 4 cloves of garlic to decrease premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- Take a half-boiled egg and mix it with grated carrots. Take 3 teaspoons of honey and mix it well with this mixture. You can consume this mixture daily for about three months to get a great result. Once you feel that your problem has decreased, you can slowly stop consuming egg.
- The aphrodisiac qualities in the roots of Asparagus can help in decreasing the problem of premature ejaculation in men. You can take 3 to 4 teaspoons of asparagus powder or root by mixing it with a glass of milk. Alternatively, you can boil the milk with the roots of asparagus and then drain the roots. Drink this milk two times a day to enhance strength and other sexual troubles in men.
- Shatavari Churna (powder of Asparagus racemosus). Add 1½ – 2 spoons to 1 cup of milk, boil for 10-15 minutes, drink twice daily
- Almonds – Take 10 almonds, soak them in water and leave them overnight. Peel off their skin and crush them the next morning. Add the crushed almonds, pinch of cardamom powder, pinch of saffron and a pinch of ginger powder to 1 cup hot cow’s milk. Mix the contents thoroughly. Drink this every morning.
- Take daily half tablespoon of powder of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bala (Sida cordifolia) and Vidari (Pueraria tuberose) in warm goat’s milk
- Chew 2-3 cloves of raw garlic daily
- Kumkuma (saffron) should be consumed with milk
- Jatiphala (Myristica fragrans) powder 3-5 grams in quantity mixed in milk and made into paste and taken for internal consumption
- Take 1 spoon Jambu seeds (Syzygium cumini) powder with milk
- Powder of almonds, pepper, sugar-candy and ginger (equal portions) with milk
Ladyfinger for premature ejaculation
This is one of the common vegetables available in the market. Ladyfinger is available as a powder that helps in treating premature ejaculation.
This powder can be mixed with warm water and sugar candy. It can be consumed on regular basis. When continued for month, you will see a significant change in yourself.
This does not cause any side effects. You can also add ladyfinger to your normal diet in any form.
Ayurvedic herbs are used to control early ejaculation since ancient times. These are the natural herbs and contains no chemicals. The best part of this therapy is that there is no chance of side effect.
Few of them are-
- Safed Musli
- kaunch beej
- Ahiphena or Opium ( Purified and processed Papaver somniferum )