DNA poxvirus called the Molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV).
- Child comes into direct contact with a lesion.
- Contact with contaminated objects(towels, clothing, toys)
- Sexual contact.
Symptoms And Signs–
- Small, painless, discrete, flesh-colored umbilicated papules on the external genitalia or perineum
- Papule has a dimple in the center(containing thick gelatinous material)
- Papules may occur in lines (crops), where scratching is done.
- Never occur on palms and soles
- Lesions on genitals, abdomen, and inner thigh (adults)
Those used to remove warts