It is one of the most common malnutrition diseases in children. This condition results in overall energy deficiency.
Deficiency of both proteins and calories
Symptoms And Signs—
- Body weight may be lower than 80% of the normal required weight of the person.
- Dry and scaly skin
- Extensive muscle wasting
- Highly susceptible to contracting infectious diseases
- Loose skin
- Person looks emaciated
- The adipose tissue reserves get severely depleted, especially from the buttocks and thighs.
- Voraciously hungry.
- Providing all the required nutritional supplements
- Treating dehydration
- Treating any other infections