Jock itch (Tenia cruris) is a fungal infection of the skin in the groin. The warm, moist environment is the perfect place for the fungus to grow
Symptoms and Signs–
- Itchy enlarged area of redness in a skin fold.
- Raised red plaques rash with sharp borders.
- Border may exhibit tiny pimples or pustules with red and dry center.
- Skin of the tip of the penis may be involved
- Female- vaginal itching and white, thick, cottage cheese-like discharge.
- Examination of skin with a Wood’s lamp
- Skin scrapings
- Fungal cultures
- Full blood count
- Topical creams or ointments