- Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-II)
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-I)
Symptoms And Signs–
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle aches in the lower back, buttocks, thighs, or knees
- small, painful blisters filled with clear or straw-colored fluid.
- Female-on labia, vagina, cervix, around the anus, thighs or buttocks
- Male- on the penis, scrotum, around the anus, thighs or buttocks
Can also occur on the tongue, mouth, eyes, gums, lips, fingers, and other parts of the body
- Tingling, burning, itching, pain at the site before appearance of blisters
- Painful, shallow ulcers after blisters break. These ulcers eventually crust over and slowly heal over 7 – 14 days or more
- Enlarged and tender inguinal lymph nodes
- Incomplete voiding(female)
- Culture of fluid from a blister or open sore
- PCR (performed on fluid from a blister)
- Blood tests for Antibody levels to the herpes virus.
- Do not wear nylon or other synthetic pantyhose, underwear, or pants. Instead, wear loose-fitting cotton garments
- Gentle cleansing with soap and water is recommended.
- Taking warm baths may relieve the pain (afterward, keep the blisters dry)
- Carcinoma –in-situ (In vulva and cervix)