It is a condition that causes temporary weakness or paralysis of the muscles in one side of the face.
- PARTIAL palsy( mild muscle weakness)
- Complete palsy( no movement at all; paralysis)
- Viral infection(herpes)
- Bell’s palsy
- Birth trauma (newborns)
- Brain tumor
- Ear Infection
- Lyme disease
Symptoms And Signs–
- Change in taste
- Crooked smile/slurred speech
- Difficulty eating
- Excessive tearing/ dry eye
- Face becomes expressionless and motionless.
- Closing eyelids becomes difficult
- Pain behind the ear
- Sensation of facial numbness or tingling
- Sensation of pulling of the face or mouth to one side
- Sensitivity to loud sounds
- Vision problems
- Ayurvedic Medication(under an expert guidance) are mostly successful.
Smile reconstruction restores the smile of people with facial nerve paralysis.
It helps to maintain muscle tone of the affected facial muscles and stimulate the facial nerve. Muscle re-education exercises are also useful in restoring normal movement. To reduce pain, heat can be applied to the affected side of the face.