The causative yeast Candida albicans lives in the mouth, digestive (gastrointestinal) tract, and the vagina, along with many kinds of harmless bacteria, without causing any issues.
Signs and Symptoms–
Thrush (oral yeast infection) –
- Mouth lining, tongue, and/or angles of the mouth are red, cracked, or have white patches
- Soreness or no symptoms.
Skin (cutaneous) –
- Small-to-large patches of red, moist, raw skin usually develop in body creases( under the breasts, belly, or groin)
- Skin may itch or be painful.
- Pustules may appear around the edges of the red areas.
- Vaginal itch, pain, or burning
- Cottage-cheese-like discharge
- Pain behind the breastbone.
- Culture of the discharge