Useful Herbs For Diabetes
1. Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana)Powder from jamun core is useful.
2. Gurmar(gymnema sylvestre).
3. Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
4. Bel (Aegle marmelos).
5. Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Ayurveda cure for Diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice: Juice of Bitter melon/Karela (30 ml) may be taken on empty stomach daily in the early morning. Crush the bitter melon into a grinder after separating its seeds. Little bit of water may also be added. Sieve this to have juice.
- Ground bay leaf & Aloe Vera: The mixture of ground bay leaf (1/2 tbsp), turmeric (1/2 tbsp) and aloe vera gel (1 tbsp) if taken twice a day before lunch and dinner, is helpful to control sugar in blood thus effective for the problem.
- Methi Seeds: Fenugreek seeds or its combination with ayurvedic herbs are useful remedy to lessen the signs and symptoms of diabetes.
- Grind seeds of Methi (100 gm) and turmeric (25gm) are taken along with a glass of milk twice a day.
- Soaked fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight followed by chewing it in the morning.
- Soak 4tbsp of the seeds in 300 ml water overnight. Crush them in the morning and strain the mixture. Drink it daily for 3 months.
- Chapattis are also prepared by adding methi powder.
- Jamun Seeds: The seed powder of Eugenia jambolana (1 tsp) twice a day along with lukewarm water is good in curing of it. The chewing of Jamun leaves prevents the conversion of starch into sugar.
- Amla: The juice of Amla (Embelica officinalis) (20 ml) twice a day is good for diabetic patient. The powder of Amla fruit may also be taken twice a day.
- Banyan tree bark: The decoction of the bark of ficus bengalensis is consumed (50 ml) twice a day. Preparation method: 20 gm of ficus bark is heated in 4 glass of water. When the mixture remained approx. of 1 glass, it may be taken after make it cold.
- Cinnamon powder: This is one of the important natural home remedies.
- First take one litre of drinkable water. Add 3-4 tbsp of cinnamon powder and heat it for 20 minutes. Strain the mixture and made it cool. Drink it every day.
- Vijaysar Churna: Pterocarpus marsupium is helpful in curing of diabetes mellitus:
- Pterocarpus marsupium bark may be taken in the form of powder twice a day.
- The cube of vijaysar may be kept in water overnight. Drink it in the morning empty stomach.
- Patients also like to take cubes of vijaysar.
- Triphala: Triphala along with other ingredients are useful in lowering the sugar levels in blood.
- The decoction of equal parts of Triphala, root of barberry, colocynth and moth (20ml) may be taken along with turmeric powder (4gm) twice a day.
- Snake gourd: Decoction of equal part of Patola (a variety of small cucumber-snake gourd), Neem, fruit of embolic myrobalan and stem of Guduct (14 to 28 ml.) be taken thrice a day.