Acidity natural treatment is a common way to treat Acidity. But what is acidity? Acid reflux or acidity is the flow of stomach acid back into the esophagus.
This is also called gastroesophageal reflux (GER). The acids may give you heartburn and taste unpleasant in the back of your throat.
Acidity is a common condition.
Millions of people experience acid reflux and heartburn.
if you experience acid reflux more than twice a week, you may have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). In this case, heartburn is just one of many symptoms, along with coughing and chest pain
There are different ways to treat acidity. Acid reflux disease is very well controlled by Yoga and Ayurveda.
Home remedies, Diet, Exercise and Meditation accelerate the process of healing of this disease. Following are the some alternative ways to treat Acidity/GERD–
Acidity Natural treatment
What’s the role of natural Remedies in Acidity?
Studies show that Lifestyle changes, Dietary changes, Exercises ,Yoga-asana, Home Remedies are very effective in acid reflux and may significantly reduce your symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux .
GERD is first treated with over-the counter (OTC) medications, such as antacids. Conventional medicine is the most common form of GERD treatment.
However, there are some home remedies you can try to reduce instances of acid reflux. Lifestyle or dietary modifications may be effective as well.
Acidity natural treatment is simply changing your dietary habits or the way you sleep. It may significantly reduce your symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by improving your quality of life.
Yoga For Acidity
What’s the role of Yoga in Acidity?
Studies show that increase in stress and anxiety leads to increase in acid secretion in stomach.
More acid may mean more opportunity for reflux to cause symptoms.
Researchers went on to explore the relationship between yoga and stress, and it has been found that yoga might help lower the body’s stress response. They found some evidence that yoga may be an effective treatment for GERD(even peptic ulcers) along with acidity natural treatment.
So incorporate yoga into your acidity natural treatment plan .
It is one of the best stress-management technique to promote tranquility and keeps anxiety at bay. Regular practice of meditation alongside yoga will bring about a sense of balance in Pitta for smoother, more effective digestion.
Even 10 minutes daily deep breathing can be hugely beneficial.
Maintain a healthy weight :
Excess weight put pressure on your abdomen, pushing up your stomach and causing acid to reflux into your esophagus.
Stop smoking :
Smoking decreases the lower esophageal sphincter’s ability to function properly.
Elevate the head of your bed :
If you regularly experience heartburn while trying to sleep, place wood or cement blocks under the feet of your bed so that the head end is raised by 6 to 9 inches.
Don’t lie down after a meal :
Wait at least three hours after eating before lying down or going to bed.
Eat food slowly and chew thoroughly
Avoid foods and drinks that trigger acidity :
Common triggers include fatty or fried foods, tomato sauce, alcohol, chocolate and caffeine.
Avoid tight-fitting clothing :
Clothes that fit tightly around your waist put pressure on your abdomen and the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Take Coconut Water.
- Take Watermelon juice.
- Avoid Foods That Trigger Acidity.
- Maintain a Regular Eating Time.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking Alcohol.
- Take Lemon Juice With Sugar.
- Take Buttermilk.
- Cold milk can neutralize acids in your stomach and can give you relief from acidity.
- Have 3-4 almonds after meals. It helps for heartburn since it neutralizes the juices in your stomach, relieving and preventing acidity overall.
- Eat fresh foods, preferably local produce that is seasonal and organic.
- Avoid all pitta aggravating foods, which includes tomato sauce, spinach, raw onions, vinegar, alcohol, peppers and chilies.
- Eat on time and avoid skipping meals.
- Avoid stress and anger, as these emotions aggravate the pitta dosha. Do not watch TV, read a book or have a heated conversation during meal times.
- Make sure you get sufficient sleep. But keep a gap of at least 2 hours between meal time and bed time.
- Ashwagandha is excellent for those who suffer from acid reflux. It helps balance the mind, promote a peaceful night’s sleep and keeps anxiety at bay.
- For quick relief from acid reflux, drink 200-500ml of fresh tender coconut water twice every day. Aloe Vera juice, particularly the fresh gel taken straight from the leaf, helps in balancing pitta.
- Baked fennel seeds do an excellent job of soothing the stomach. Eat ¼ teaspoon thrice daily, in between your meals.
- Fresh pomegranate juice helps balance pitta and is good for GERD sufferers.
- Another popular Acidity natural treatment is to add a teaspoon of ghee in a glass of milk and drink this before a meal. It coats the stomach lining to protect it against acid attack.
- According to Ayurveda, adding sweet, bitter and astringent foods to your diet helps bring relief from acid reflux. Add watermelon, split moong dal, green leafy vegetables, banana and cucumbers to your diet.
Ayurveda believes in using natural herbs to cure a variety of ailments, and acid reflux is no exception. Acidity natural treatment includes use of many herbs. These when added to diet help in managing Acidity-
- Holy Basil: Known as Tulsi -helps reduce excess acid production. Chew some fresh holy basil leaves to find relief from the pain and burning sensation accompanied by reflux.
- Amla: An Ayurvedic herb, Amla or Indian Gooseberry can cure a variety of digestive ailments. You can have it in the raw form, mix amla powder in water and drink the concoction or opt for juice.
- Coriander: This herb helps neutralize stomach acids and can easily be added to a variety of dishes. You can use the fresh leaves of the herb, or use coriander powder in your curries. Adding 1 tablespoon of coriander juice to half cup of buttermilk is also recommended for relief from acid reflux.
- Licorice: A strong Ayurvedic medicine for treating acid reflux, licorice root can be brewed into a tea that is very effective at neutralizing stomach acids.