25 Exercises For Increasing Height :
How to increase height without any medicine?
The best possible way to increase height is naturally combining an exercise routine with the right diet. Proper exercise helps in toning and strengthening your muscles, releasing the growth hormones which are responsible for height gain. Proper diet keeps these hormones fresh and active and helps in rebuilding themselves.
Certain stretching exercises do help in increasing the height (during and even after puberty). These stretching exercises correct a human’s posture to a great extent. Most of your height is hiding behind those slouched backs and you don’t even realize that.
Is there any Age Limit for increasing height?
Despite your age, you can add about 1 to 2 inches of height by just improving your body posture.
Take the supplements, have a balanced diet and do the following exercises ten times a day and your height will see an improvement.
So, we will start explaining these stretch exercises first :
1. The Cobra Pose
- Keep your arms perpendicular to the ground.
- Keep your spine arched.
- Bend the hip.
- Bring the body to a position that looks like an inverted “V”.
- While doing this, tuck the chin against the chest.
- Come back to your original position.
- Repeat this 5 times with a duration of 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Wall Stretch
- Stand straight against the wall.
- Stand on your toe tip and take your hands as high as you can.
- While doing step 2, try to keep the spine flat.
- Repeat the exercise for 20 times.
3. The Table Pose
- Sit on the floor with legs straight.
- Keep the torso straight.
- Place your palms on the floor near your butt (see the picture).
- Tuck the chin against the chest.
- Bring the head backward. Take it as far as you can.
- While doing this, raise the body in a way that the knees bend and your arms remain straight.
- Follow the shape of a table. Your upper legs and torso has to be horizontal and straight to the floor.
- Your lower legs and arms should be perpendicular to the floor.
4. The Hanging Exercise
Hanging is one of the best ways to increase height. Whether it is a bar or a strong tree branch, hanging helps in straightening and lengthening your spine easily.
5. Bar Hanging
Gravity adversely affects your height by compressing your spines and joints, which squeezes and thins the cartilage, giving you a shorter appearance. Hanging on a vertical bar is a simple way to combat this problem. Hanging makes the lower torso’s weight stretch the spine and decreases the pull on the vertebras. This results in increasing the height by 1 to 2 inches .
6. The Bow Down Pose
- Stand straight with both the feet close.
- Keep both the hands on the hips.
- Bend forward. Take it as far as you can. Make sure not to bend your knees. They have to be straight.
- Repeat this for 10 times with a duration of 5 to 7 seconds.
7. Dry Land Swim
- This exercise is also known as “alternate kick” and it basically focuses on your lower back.
- Start off by laying down flat on your stomach. Your body should be fully extended.
- Place your arms straight in front of you with your palms facing down towards the floor.
- Then raise your left arm higher than your right arm. Keeping your legs straight, lift your right leg as far off the ground as you can into the air. Remain in this position for at least 10 seconds.
- Repeat the procedure with your other leg and other hand.
8. Pelvic Shift
Being extremely simple, this exercise helps in stretching your body up and down from the spine and also your hips.
- You can start off by lying on your back.
- Place your shoulders and arms firmly on the floor.
- Bend your knees and draw your feet as close to your buttocks as you can.
- Arch your back to thrust your pelvis upwards. This position should be held for 20 to 30 seconds.
- This exercise enables you to stretch more giving flexibility to your front hips.
9. Hopping With One Leg
Being one of the simplest exercises ever, this can be done anywhere, in the course of any activity like watching TV, playing in the park or while doing any other work.
Hop on your left leg ten times with your hands pointing towards the sky and then hop on your right leg in the same way.
This bouncing activity is beneficial for brain development, strengthening of legs and generation of growth hormones.
10. Pilates Roll Over
This excellent workout helps in stretching your spine and provides added length to your upper body. It also stretches and lengthens the vertebrae of your neck.
Start off by lying on your back with your arms along your sides and palms facing down.
Keeping your legs together, extend them straight up towards the ceiling and bend them backward making them to touch the floor.
The more you stretch yourself, the more your spine lengthens.
11. Forward Spine Stretch
- Sit up straight on a mat with your feet in front.
- Your legs should be extended about shoulder width apart and your feet should be flexed.
- Inhale and extend your arms out in front of you. While doing so, bend forward and try to touch the tips of your toes.
- If you can touch your toe tips, then you can try stretching even more to keep your spine flexed to the maximum extent.
12. Cat Stretch
Also known as the Indian Dandwat, this exercise is meant to open up your spine and strengthen your shoulders, chest, palms and back. It basically stretches your hamstrings while putting stress on your stomach. It is beneficial for blood circulation.
- Place your hands and knees on the floor with your arms locked out.
- Inhale while flexing your spine down and exhale while bringing your spine up into an arched position and your head down.
- The spine at this position should be arched.
- Keep your shoulders high and elbows straight.
- Your pelvic bone should touch the floor. Each repetition should last for 3 to 8 seconds.
13. Forward Bend
- This is a well-known and widely followed exercise to increase height.
- Stand straight with your legs wide apart.
- Extend your hands up straight, bend down forward and touch the floor with your hands, without bending your knees.
- Then, return to the original position.
14. Spot Jump
Keep your legs close and stand on your toe. Now, start jumping with your hand straight up in the air for at least 2 minutes.
15. Hands On The Head Bow Down
- Stand with your hands placed together behind your neck and bend forward as far as possible.
- Bring your chin on to your chest but do not bend your knees.
- Each repetition should be done for 4 to 8 seconds.
16. Standing Vertical Stretch
To do this exercise, stand on your toes with feet placed apart and lift your body on them. This helps in toning calf muscles and boosting your height.
17. Super Stretch
Stand with your hands placed together behind your neck and bend your head upwards and back as far as possible. Each repetition should last for a duration of 5 to 15 seconds.
18. Straight Legs Up
- Lie on your stomach with your hands behind your neck and raise one of your legs as high as possible.
- Now, repeat the procedure with the other leg as well.
- Keep your legs straight while stretching.
- Each such repetition should last for 3 to 5 seconds.
19. Two Straight Legs Up
- Lie your face down with your palms down and on the sides of your chest.
- Try to raise both your legs together as high as possible while keeping your feet straight together at the same time.
- Each repetition should last for 3 seconds.
- Stand with your hands together and arms behind you.
- Bend down at the waist as far as possible and slowly swing your arms as high as possible behind you.
- Each repetition should last for 4 to 6 seconds.
21. Alternate Leg Kick
- This exercise is similar to swimming. It basically focuses on your lower back, strengthens it and makes it firm so that you stand tall.
- Lye down on your stomach on a flat and firm surface.
- Stretch your body to the maximum extent. While resting your chin on the floor, stretch your arms out in front of your face with your palms facing downwards.
- Now raise your right arm a few inches from the floor and lift your left leg off the floor simultaneously without bending your knees, as far up as you can.
- Maintain this position for a few seconds.Repeat this process with your left arm and right leg.
- This exercise helps in toning the lower back and prevents slouching. A toned back can stay upright and make you appear taller.
22. Leg Kick
- Stand on the ground with feet slightly placed apart.
- Then, balling up your energy, kick out without moving your thighs.
- This is a defensive move but helps increase height.
Swimming is extremely beneficial for increasing your height. It enables you to use your legs, body, and arms to the fullest and thus, develops muscle strength. Breast stroke is the best swimming style to increase your height.
24. Rope Skipping
- Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is a body weight exercise.
- It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility
- Skipping gives a full-body workout. It is especially great for toning and developing the thighs, shins, and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on the abs and arms.
- It improves the hip-flexor muscles ,improves bone density and so boost height growth.
Basketball includes multiple exercises of all the muscles and helps in growth. It also helps in increasing focus and blood supply to various parts of the body.
These stretching exercises for increasing height, if done regularly, will gradually increase your height. Along with a proper diet, and good nutrition, these exercises will also boost your immunity and facilitate the growth of the body.
It is advised to start any form of exercise only after consulting a medical practitioner to confirm whether these are suitable for you or not.