Dandasana is the Sanskrit word. The word “Danda” means – Stick and “Asana” means Pose. Dandasana Yoga (Staff pose) is a simple and effective sitting poses to improve posture and strengthen your abdomen, chest, shoulder and back muscles.
Dandasana Yoga Steps
- Sit with an erect spine on the floor and stretch your legs in front of you. Feet should touch each other.
- Do not bend your back and head.
- Place both palms on the floor.
- Now try to bend your toes inwards.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds and keep breathing deeply.
- After that release your pose and relax.
Dandasana Yoga Benefits
- Strengthens your chest, back muscles, spine and shoulders.
- Stretches your chest and legs.
- Improves your posture.
- Strengthens your abdomen.
- Increase flexibility.
- Calms your mind.
- Increases focus and concentration.